Many offices have a calendar tacked to the wall in a central
location. Employees add items such as scheduled vacations, reservations
of conference rooms, or notices about meeting, conferences, or seminars.
By using a shared calendar, employees can more efficiently coordinate
their work with that of others in the organization. WebCal
provides a Web interface to a similar shared calendar. Every
user can read what other people have added and, if the script is configured
to do it, can modify each other's entries. WebCal has two primary
views: the month view and the day view. Varying levels of security are
configurable. For example, WebCal can be made to be viewable by anyone or
by authenticated users only. Items within the calendar database can
be made to be modifiable or deletable only by the person who posts
them or by everyone.
Jan Linder has
completely redone and in many ways improved the script. I greatly
recommend checking it out! (email@example.com)
The following are actual implementations of WebCal. Please do not clutter
these sites with unnecessary tests and the like. The administrators were all
kind enough to allow me to cite them as working examples, so be nice to
them on eXtropia's behalf!
- Esoteric - firstname.lastname@example.org has a
C utility to add users from a shell acount
- Collier Lineages
- Tahoe Mountain Brewery
- The Magical World of Fisher-Price
- Chuck Mayo's To-do list Hack - outputs
an HTML page of coming events from the default calendar.events file.
Very nice hack.
- Quake's place
- Whitney Houston Worship Webpage
- Worcester College of Technology
- Ultima Online Communication Center! -
is happy to share code modificaitons.
- Director of Military Support Homepage
- Adventure Living
- US West Intranet
- SkiHaus Home
- Piedmont Cybercity
- MIMS MALL Calendar
- Incident Command and Control System
- Script Tutor
- Rockford's Area Web Pages
- The Fraud Information Center
- Clear Lake Amateur Radio Club
- Syracuse U. College of Law
- Mike DiPetrillo Demo -
1) I made the current day highlighted.
2) I made the calendar email all registered users anytime anything
3) I made all colors customizable by setup file or call to the script.
5) I made the calendar look a little neater (at least I thought so ;))
6) I made the different levels of users (public, user, and admin) get
7) I made long calendar names a reality. (Test_This_One reads as Test
8) I made it so that multiple day events are now a reality.
9) Tags to go forward and back months.
- City of Mankato
- Department of Labor-ESA
- Georgia Filmaker's Forum
- Arkansas Photo Ads
- Los Angeles Christian Presbyterian Church
- Northwestern UNiversity Medical School infoPLEX
- >The Moonlit Trod
- New York University Media Studies
- Naval Post Graduate School
- Real Image
- Internet Fashion Network
- Unsigned Artists
- Salem Avenue Baptist Church
- Faculty of Social Sciences, McMaster
- Alabama Republican Party
- B&R Computer Logic
- FTF Arbetsliv
- Port Angeles School District
- The Global Command and
- Circle of Destruction
- AG Technomatamatik
- Tifton On-Line
- Sites4You.net configured by