Assortment of Web Store Hacks
sent in the
Newest Version (tar/gzipped)
Old Version (tar)
Old Version (tar/gzipped)
Also check out his site
- Integration of authentication to enable pre-registration at any stage - entry or checkout, saving user details for future shopping, and automatically filling out order form (auto-click).
- Credit Card validation, Next 25 button, Empty Cart fix, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to show padlock
- Amendments to CC validation & order form payment details - to enable telephone, check/cheque, choice of saving payment details
- Cart Id as Order ID, and separate log per order.
- Comparison price in product listing (by adding extra column in products database)
- Cosmetic changes to Store - Buttons at Top/Bottom of Store Front, Consistent header/footers via ini files. Layout changes to authentication login form. Layout changes to product pages, ""Add to Cart" Button per product
- Order Timestamp on order e-mail and logs
- Enable Image "Thumb Nails" but with links to retain all cart/session/product information.
- Message when no results returned from database
- Monitoring of user log-in's. Created a hits.dat file. Useful for creating reports and determining user patterns.
- Tracking referrer of sale. Link will now appear on order e-mail. Originating computer of user (for future personalization) on Order E-mail
- Added Order Number to Order (e-mail) text.
- Additional security of payment card. Require last 4 digits for all cards previously saved.
- Personalized search page by displaying Customer's name
- Split up User database to increase performance and scalability
- One store front, but with multiple product databases - increases flexibility and performance. (Note: All orders mailed to same place). Different retailers will require amendments for diff charging, carts, shipping, amongst other changes. (i.e. Multistore, multidatabase)
- Implemented Cookies to retain session and cart if customer temporarily leaves site but comes back in same browser session.
- get_date() replaced with gmtime as a permanent Y2K fix
- E-Mail to customer after purchase without CC details (configurable)
- Downloadable software - based on Bruno's work. Still needs recovery logic.
- Forward & Backward paging of Database - prev 10, next 10, no. outstanding
- Interface to WorldPay Real-time Credit Card Clearing
- Business to Business commerce (B2B) features - Pricing and Product Search Page per user
- Log sales to delimited file
- Ability to use graphical buttons
- Simplify cart - add deletion & quantity change to cart table
- Shipping by Weight